All our services, including our statements for individual customers, and Member Enquiries, are running well, despite continuing COVID restrictions. PDF e-statements are being issued instead of paper statements. For Fast Track services only, both paper and PDF e-statements are being issued. More:



Teaching in the UK

For information and advice on teaching in the UK, you may wish to contact one of the following organisations:

For teaching in England you should contact the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA).
For teaching in Northern Ireland you should contact the General Teaching Council for Northern Ireland.
For teaching in Scotland you should contact the General Teaching Council for Scotland.
For teaching in Wales you should contact the Education Workforce Council (EWC).

If you hold qualifications from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and you would like to come to the UK to teach, UK NARIC are able to help with your application.

Why do I need my qualifications assessed by UK NARIC?

In order to become a qualified teacher in the UK, you must meet certain academic criteria set by the UK Government. A Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC will provide you with the information you need to establish whether or not you meet the academic criteria.

If you are an EEA-qualified teacher you should contact the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA).

What qualifications do I need to teach in the UK?

If you qualified outside the EEA, you will need:

  • a qualification comparable to a UK Bachelor degree
  • to demonstrate that you meet a standard equivalent to GCSE grade C in mathematics and English
  • to demonstrate a standard equivalent to a grade C in a science GCSE if you intend to teach primary or key stage 2/3 (ages 7-14)

UK NARIC may be able to confirm whether your qualifications meet the first two of these criteria, where appropriate qualifications (secondary qualifications and degrees) are presented.

You can register online to have your qualifications assessed.

(Information about the service provided by UK NARIC is available on this leaflet).