- Explicit institutional priorities, goals and objectives are set which reflect national and regional VET policy priorities/goals/objectives.
- Clear strategies and implementation plans are developed to help the institution meet set priorities/goals/objectives.
- Relevant internal and external stakeholders are involved in identifying priorities, goals, and objectives, and the development of strategies to achieve them.
Policies for Quality Assurance
- Explicit and transparent quality assurance systems are in place.
- Responsibilities for the management, development, and implementation of quality assurance systems have been explicitly allocated within the institution.
- Appropriate structure and processes for ensuring the quality of training provided are in place, and they involve relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Resources are appropriately assigned with a view to achieving the targets set in the implementation plans.
- There are institutional policies and processes to support the continuous development of staff competence.
- Relevant external stakeholders are involved in supporting internal capacity building and quality improvement.
Programme development and review
- There are clear institutional processes for the design, approval and periodic review of programmes of study to ensure that they achieve the objectives set for them and respond to the needs of students and society.
- There are effective mechanisms to involve relevant internal and external stakeholders in programme development and review, including students, staff and industry/community representatives.
- Self-evaluation is periodically carried out under national frameworks or at the individual initiative of the institution.
- Evaluation and review cover institutional processes and outcomes of education and involve internal and external stakeholders, including feedback from students, staff, and industry/community representatives as applicable.
- The outcomes of the evaluation process are discussed with relevant stakeholders and at appropriate level within the institution and appropriate action plans are put in place.
- Clear, accurate, up-to date information is published about the educational activities of an institution, and it is readily accessible to prospective or current students or other stakeholders.
- Clear and accurate information about the nature of the programme of study completed by students is issued upon graduation for the benefit of facilitating progress to further study or employment.